Easter is just around the corner and after a trip to the dollar store this morning, I am all charged up and ready to being my outdoor Easter decorating. One of my favorite ways to decorate on the cheap is by taking uninspired decorations, like these plastic Easter eggs wrapped in tinsel, and repurposing them. Instead of hanging them on the wall as intended, I want to stake them in the garden for a cherry, colorful Easter display. This DIY is so easy I am a little embarrassed to even put it on my blog, but here goes.
- Plastic Tinsel Wrapped Easter Eggs & Bunny
- Stakes 6″-10″ long (bamboo, wood dowel, or paint stick)
- Floral Wire
- Wire Cutters
1. Flip the Easter egg over and wire a 12″ piece of floral wire to the grid.
2. Place the stake on top of the grid, wire it securely to the egg, and trim excess wire.
3. Find a place to stake your eggs outside. And done! Told you it was easy.
They look great tucked in pots or nestled among your blooming daffodils and hyacinths. They are weather proof and will hold up in the wind.
Be sure to check back later this week as I continue to add to this outdoor Easter display. Happy decorating!